Friday, March 19, 2010

d a r k n e s s

......................from far across
....................the open field
.................i saw her there
...............tiny as a child
............and just as frightened
.........(of what?
......i wondered
...to myself) /
......and i walked across
.........the overgrown lawn
...........till I came to
..............the spot where she stood
.................deep in her own
.....................anguished thoughts
..........................and I told her
........................................................to take
........................................................my hand
........................................................in hers
..........................and everything would
.....................be completely fine /
..................but she looked at me
...............with the sad eyes
............of perfect realization
.........and said
......in a trembling voice
...that nothing would
......ever be the same again /
..........i tried to give her
.............some small shred of hope,
.................but in my heart
....................i knew full well
.......................that she was right /
........................................................and then
........................................................the darkness
........................................................came.

1 comment:

  1. I've had a similar experience, but I just lost the will to change for that person any more.

    Side note: November 13 is my birthday! So I better get a free ride on your last trip and make it great! :)

    ReplyDelete