Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Phantasm

There is a nuclear power plant
.......in the pit of my guts,
and ice cold steel in my heart.
If you’re looking for pity,
.......look somewhere else;
if you want someone to listen
to your tales of woe,
.......I’m definitely not your man.
I’ve got more than enough
.......shit of my own
and I don’t need any of yours
.......piled on top.

I have heard the wails of
.......the bleeding fetus
ripped out of his mother belly;
I have seen the outstretched hands
.......of the naked poor
begging for scraps of food
to feed their starving children;
I have tasted the stray tears
of the oppressed,
.......the persecuted,
..............the martyred,
and I’ve turned away,
completely unmoved.

I am a mere phantasm
of a human being,
a thin shell covering
.......sinews and bone,
................but lacking vital organs.
So if you are looking for
A touch of humanity,
then go look
for a human being;
there’s no one like that
.......around here….
just dust and debris,
the tattered remnants of
some feeling creature
who ceased to exist
.............long ago.

2 comments:

  1. very dark, but this definitely doesn't sound like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ketchup Advisory CouncilNovember 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM

    I think you need to eat more ketchup

    ReplyDelete