Sunday, April 4, 2010

there was a boy who smelled like cheese

Here is my completely vulgar version of "The Boy Who Smelled Like Cocoa." Same general theme, different smell, and completely different attitude.

there was
............a boy
............who smelt like
cheese—
.............not just
.....................any kind-a cheese,
........but a............fully ripened,
........highly aromatic
................................cheese,
........like some kind-a
.......................gorgonzola
.............fuckin' kind-a
......................................cheese.

he sat
........in the seat right next to me
on the
.........bx-55 going to pelham bay,
and I thought
.........the smell of him
.........would drive me
................completely bonkers,
because he smelt like,
......................well,
...........................cheese.

“boy,”
.............I said,
“can’t you go
.......sit down
............somewhere else
....on this bus,
so I don’t have
..........t’smell............your cheesy
....................smell?”
but the boy
..............just looked at me
.........with a sad
............sort-a look
................. ‘n said,
“man,
.......you need some
..................beautiful stank
.....in yo life,
.......cause
.................you is jes too fuckin’ clean
.................fo this world.
.................you is so clean dat
.................even........yo........asshole
...........don’t stank
................da way
.....................it should."

at that
...........i shed a small tear
........................for myself
...................and all humanity
........................because I realized
he had
....cheesy righteousness in abundance
.............and i
.............had none
.............at all.
I tried to
.......to thank him
...............for his
...............ripe counsel,
but when I turned around
.........he was gone,
.........pooof,
...............disappeared right off
.........................the bx 55
...............bus to paradise.

And nothing remained
.........at all
.........of that.......small.........boy,
.............................(saintly sage of
.............................putrid profundity),
not even
........the slightest hint
....................of his cheesy aura.

2 comments:

  1. Might I introduce the lad to the two gentlemen Sam and Joe? I daresay _they_ might appreciate the young shaver...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This took a turn that to me what quite unexpected but it fit perfectly. At first his stanky cheese seemed wrong but then it is basically his personality that he is known for.

    ReplyDelete